Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CLR 4.0 for Robocode

I finally got motivated by Justin and Jason to do something for Robocode .NET again. I upgraded it to jni4net 0.8. This means Robocode will prefer CLR 4.0 if installed and then will run robots written in C# 4.0 or F#. I also implemented Robocode Control API for .NET. I piggyback to Flemming's working branch, hope he will not kill me once he returns from holidays :-D

Download preview is there, Alpha quality.
robocode-1.7.2.2-Alpha-setup.jar
robocode.dotnet-1.7.2.2-Alpha-setup.jar

MyFirstRobot.F#

I really like the syntax.
namespace SampleFs
open Robocode
type MyFirstRobot() = 
    inherit Robot()
    override robot.Run() = 
            while true do
                robot.TurnLeft(40.0)
                robot.Ahead(20.0)
    override robot.OnScannedRobot(evnt : ScannedRobotEvent) = 
            robot.Fire(1.0)
    override robot.OnHitByBullet(evnt : HitByBulletEvent) = 
            robot.TurnLeft(90.0 - evnt.Bearing)

No comments: